What are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals?
The module is an introduction to the topic of the 17 SDGs created by the United Nation, followed by a presentation of these goals.
The module presents the 17th SDGs elaborated by the UN, together with their specific aims and it explains why it is important for the young people to learn about the goals. It also gives some examples of good practice and offers some ideas to the teachers on how to teach young people about the goals.
- The learner understands what the 17 SDG and their relevance are.
- The learner understands the importance of teaching about the 17 SDGs.
- The learner plans, implements, evaluates, and replicates activities that contribute to the implementation of the 17 SDGs.
- The learner understands the relevance for the young people of working with the SDGs.
- The learner devises ways in which students can learn about and contribute to the 17 SDGs.
Education for Sustainable Development Goals: learning objectives, 2017, Corporate author: UNESCO
https://unesdoc.unesco.org/ark:/48223/pf0000247444.locale=en (retrieved 20.01.2023)
Transforming+our+world:+the+2030+Agenda+for+Sustainable Development, A/RES/70/1
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS IISD- Perspectives on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, 2016, Published by the International Institute for Sustainable Development
170 daily actions to transform our world, Produced by the Perception Change Project
https://sdgs.by/kcfinder/upload/files/170Actions-web_%28En%29.pdf (retrieved 20.01.2023)