Cross-border Learning (SDG4)
Cross-border Learning (SDG4)
This module will help you learn about cross-border learning and how it applies.
In this module you will be able to learn about:
- How cross-border learning / education applies to Sustainable Development Goals.
- What cross-border learning is.
- The importance of cross-border learning.
- How cross-border learning applies.
- The learner understands the important role of education and lifelong learning opportunities for all (formal, non-formal and informal learning) as main drivers of sustainable development, for improving people’s lives and in achieving the SDGs.
- The learner understands the important role of culture in achieving sustainability.
- The learner understands that education can help create a more sustainable, equitable, and peaceful world.
The Global Goals (retrieved 23.02.203) (https://www.globalgoals.org/
UNESCO (2005), OECD guidelines for quality provision in cross-border higher education. https://www.oecd.org/education/skills-beyond-school/35779480.pdf
The World Bank 2007. Cross-Border Tertiary Education – ISBN-978-92-64-03363-4 © OECD and IBRD (https://www.oecd.org/education/skills-beyond-school/39169515.pdf)
- Chan (19.10.2018). Education- Cross-border education for pupils of kindergartens and schools: The case in Hong Kong. The International Education Journal: Comparative Perspectives. https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Cross-border-education-for-pupils-of-kindergartens-Chan/7d89967a4e675e723c20b95d7904e234aa33117b
Crossing Boarders Education (retrieved 23.02.2023) (https://crossingborders.education/ )
N.V. Varghese (2006) Globalization of higher education and cross-border student mobility. Research papers IIEP. https://unesdoc.unesco.org/ark:/48223/pf0000157989/PDF/157989eng.pdf.multi
European Commission (2021). Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport, and Culture. Erasmus+, what's in it for me? https://op.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/6ac1c50d-39b9-11ed-9c68-01aa75ed71a1/language-en/format-PDF/source-267647764
European Commission (retrieved 23.02.2023) Erasmus+ EU programme for education, training, youth, and sport) https://erasmus-plus.ec.europa.eu/programme-guide/part-b/key-action-1/key-action-1-learning-mobility-of-individuals
e-Twinning(retrieved 23.02.2023) https://school-education.ec.europa.eu/en/etwinning
CEDEFOP (retrieved 24.02.2023) https://www.cedefop.europa.eu/en
Berna Aslan & Dürdane Bayram Jacobs (2014). Erasmus Student Mobility: Some Good Practices According to Views of Ankara University Exchange Students. Journal of Education and Future. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/279204563_Erasmus_Student_Mobility_Some_Good_Practices_According_to_Views_of_Ankara_University_Exchange_Students
European commission. Twine Space. E-Twinning (retrieved 24.02.2023) https://twinspace.etwinning.net/10291/home
Hellenic Open University (retrieved 28.02.2023). https://www.eap.gr/?_gl=1%2Aozzm66%2A_ga%2AMjAyMjM2NzIyNy4xNjc3NTgyODU3%2A_up%2AMQ..